Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 3rd, 2018 14:00

Alienware temp

Hi all, I want to share with you my AW 15 R3 temps to know if the values are normal.

• Room temp: 28-30 degree day / 20-22 degree night
  • Idle temp:
    cpu: 51 degree / min 46 degree
    gpu: 51 degree / min 46 degree
  • Stress temp:
    cpu: 81-85 degree
    gpu: 70 degree

I think is a bit hot, let me know your laptop model and temps.

I bought this laptop two month ago and I needed to change the motherboard for a factory fault. With old motherboard the laptop reached, on stress test, 92-93 degree and over, this was not normal (i think because it was badly pasted). The new mb temp values are better then the previous one but i think is too hot yet. With a cooling pad i can lower the temperatures about 3-4 degree. What do you think?

35 Posts

September 9th, 2018 09:00

For who will read this post, after a while i obtained a good temp for my aw 15r3.

There is the settings:

I undervolt the CPU by -125 mV with ThrottleStop and i test with Intel XTU there is no lost of performace (I used throttlestop instead intel XTU because was not saving the undervolt setting at restart.)

I used hwinfo for a custom fan curve. (see the picture at end)

Now this is the new temps:

• Idle:
    CPU: 41 degree (51 before)
  • Stress:
    CPU: 60 degree avg (70 before) / 65 degree max (75 before) 
  • Gaming:
    CPU: 70 degree avg (80 before) / 75 degree max (90 before)

I focus only on CPU because GPU have always good temps.

Rovazzi-cover.jpg

September 4th, 2018 05:00

That temps you're getting is actually quite nice, and you didn't have to repaste! But yeah If you want even lower temps the only option is to do a repaste using liquid metal, which If you get everything correct, will significant lower your temps. You can also try undervolting your CPU to get some easy temps drop. 

No Events found!