Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

3 Posts

December 5th, 2019 17:00

Alienware Warranty Replacement - Slow Frustrating process Offered inferior specs

I had (its broken now) a Alienware 17 R4. I sent in for "Accidental" warranty coverage. The basic specs were:

i7
256gb SSD + 1Tb 7200 HDD
2560 x 1440 screen with Tobi Eye tracking and G-Sync 120hz Screen
32GB of 2400mhz ram
1070 RTX 8gb video card
90Wh Battery

I was contacted and told that they would replace my laptop (was beyond repair) with a newer like model. I was sent a configuration of:
i7 9th Gen CPU
32GB of 2666 Ram
256GB M.2 + 1Tb (+8gb Hybrid)
2560 x 1440 120hz Screen (no G-sync or Tobii Eye tracking)
2070 GTX 8GB card
60Wh battery

Why would I want to lose Gsync and Tobi eye tracking? Also I have to downgrade my battery? I have called in multiple times trying to speak to someone and I keep being told there is either no supervisor or we will escalate your concerns. Then I never receive a follow up phone call. I was also told I would receive a new configuration within 24 hours and if I did not like that I could refuse and they will send me a different configuration. This could potentially go on for DAYS! There is no one else to contact and I feel like I am at the mercy of tier 1 warranty replacement and this department has to speak to that department and then that department with get the other department to get back to you. I don't think i would ever spend $4000 on a Dell laptop if this is the support I receive for it. Anyone able to give me a corporate number to contact so I can actually escalate my concerns and get some real customer service?

Thanks in advance!

12/6 = Thank you so much for waiting. After reviewing your case at this time Marco V is your point of contact in regards the exchange process. I can see he already took some actions in order to escalate further so my recommendation is to continue working with him directly as we have limited scope of service regarding this process. Usually the escalation path takes 24 to 48 business hours so feel free to send him an email to keep you updated on that end. Once again we apologize for the inconvenience this might generate and we hope the exchange team can provide you with a prompt solution.
DELL-Cares

No Responses!
No Events found!