Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 7th, 2015 14:00

problem with dolby digital driver

I get the following error when I start up my computer.

The current dolby digital plus audio driver version is 7.6.3.1 and the software application expects driver version 7.5.1.1. please install a valid driver and software application combination.

I have looked on the dell driver site for a new updated driver but I can't seem to find one. Anyone have any suggestions?

13 Posts

June 25th, 2015 12:00

I actually did just figure out the problem. No one had a solution and for some reason, a defined solution isn't anywhere in the forums except just to uninstall it. However, I recently figured out that the dolby digital driver is a plug in that DivX uses. So if you do a total and complete uninstall of every DivX related and then reinstall it, this should fix the problem.

Start off by creating a restore point.

Basically, go to control panel, uninstall everything Divx/dolby.

Then go into device manager and make sure that anything that says dolby and divx is uninstalled.

Then search your computer for anything that says divx or dolby and delete it.

At this point You will want to download CCleaner from Piriform. Run it and it will remove all excess files. make sure to the registery cleaner and the file cleaner portion.

After this. restart your computer.

Reinstall Divx and this problem should not exist anymore.

Also, you may just simply uninstall the dolby driver however a little sound pop up thing will occur with certain movies saying you need dolby driver to get a certain quality of sound. This only happen with certain video file types though and unless your a serious audiophile, it doesn't really matter much because there is still sound.

dolby.JPG

• 

2.7K Posts

April 8th, 2015 10:00

You might need to uninstall all the drivers and try to install the ones in the manufactures website. 

13 Posts

April 8th, 2015 15:00

I tried already:

It says that I basically have to go to Dell, so I did but Dell doesn't have Dolby audio driver available. Do I just need to call tech support to obtain the driver?

• 

2.7K Posts

April 10th, 2015 15:00

You can try to login into myDelldownloads and check if you find the software in there.

13 Posts

April 11th, 2015 23:00

It won't let me register my laptop. I go to check off I agree and then click "register system" but it doesn't download anything or ask my to "allow" anything. :-/ I refreshed but that didn't help.

1 Message

April 13th, 2015 17:00

I have the same problem re:  original post above.  The only think in My Dell Downloads is 3 versions of Media Suite Essentials DVD/BD.  Still under support/warranty - I'm calling them.

• 

2.7K Posts

April 15th, 2015 18:00

Were you able to register the system?

13 Posts

May 11th, 2015 13:00

i was not able to. I still need help with this driver problem.

June 23rd, 2015 22:00

I'm also having the same problem. Was there ever a solution provided? If so, what was the solution? Thanks.

No Events found!