Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 17th, 2015 13:00

Factory installed software for Alienware 18

Hi, I had a problem with Windows 10's performance.  It was very stutter and unresponsive.  So I had to go back to windows 8.1 Pro via CD/DVD that came with my laptop.  After installing Windows 8.1 successfully, I wanted to refresh my computer from the advanced start up option but the refresh for some reason couldn't do what it had to do.  Since I couldn't refresh I lost the cyberlink media suite and the latest version of Stagelight.  Cyberlink I wasn't worried about because I could just download it from the dell download center, what I am worried about is Stagelight.  I don't see a way to get that one back.  Would someone kindly help me out to get Stagelight back please?  I use it for the New Music ensemble at my university as an electronic accompanist.  It's very important to me.  Thanks in advanced.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 17th, 2015 16:00

Hello, 

Was the Stagelight software pre-installed when you received the Alienware system? 

August 17th, 2015 17:00

Yes, it was pre-installed, and actually I just fixed the problem.  I updated windows 8.1 to latest build and then the refresh boot option worked.  After refreshing it, the software ended up on my desktop.

This is solved. And thanks for replying.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 18th, 2015 09:00

Thank you for confirming this. I'm glad you were able to fix the problem. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

No Events found!