Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 17th, 2015 23:00

FX Themes Missing

After all the recent problems with the updates I noticed tonight that all my Alien FX themes are now missing from my M17x r4. Every default theme that came with the computer, including my factory installed purple, just gone. I searched every folder and I can't find them anywhere. Not sure if anyone knows how I can get them back. I'm too busy to make my own themes most of the time so I rely on them to change colours when I get bored. Not a major issue but I would like them back. Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

671 Posts

February 18th, 2015 12:00

There is a folder created in "My Documents" called AlienFX.
If that isn't there, my best recommendation would be to reinstall the Alien Command Center.
You can find it here.

23 Posts

February 18th, 2015 15:00

Thank you for the reply. The folder in the documents library with my themes is still there but all the pre-installed themes are missing. My computer came with purple set as the default and a lot of other basic and advanced themes. Those are the ones that  have vanished. The link to the Command Center download is for a mid-2011 model, mine is mid-2012. I can't find a download for it anywhere. It's not listed when I go to the support page for Drivers and Downloads under my service tag.

671 Posts

February 19th, 2015 13:00

The Mid 2011 and 2012 aren't too far apart.
Give that one a try, if it doesn't work.
Let me know and I'll try and find something more suitable.

23 Posts

February 21st, 2015 21:00

Thank you but I would prefer not to install something on my computer that might not work. I'll just deal with the one I already have installed since the right one for my computer appears to be unavailable.

No Events found!