Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 20th, 2014 18:00

Alienware Trade in program

Just wondering if I am reading the ToS correct. Because Im pretty bummed.... I don't think I'll be able to use this service to upgrade next year. Basically its telling me I can't trade my system in if its over 30 days old? What kind of trade in program is that? I would assume you would want your customers to be satisfied with your product so they keep it for more than 30 days... https://dell.trade-in-platform.com/_ContentAlienware/TermsOfUse.html 3. Confirmation of the Participant and Agreement Only used devices that are listed on the qualifying products page (https://dell.trade-in-platform.com/_ContentAlienware/qualifying_products.html) and that do meet the described required conditions qualify for the participation in this promotion. You can only participate in the program if you recently purchased a new Alienware device and you are able to provide a proof of purchase. Please send a copy of the document with your device. Claims must be submitted latest 30 days after the purchase of the new Alienware product. The handling of the return and valuation of the old equipment, can take place solely online, on the Alienware Trade-Up program website. By confirming the Terms of Use, the participant confirms that s/he is the lawful owner who is trading in the old equipment, and that this ownership is not subject to any third party, for example; title retention. A Trade-Up agreement between dataserv and the participant is concluded through acceptance of the anticipated refundable value and confirmation of the Terms of Use. #EDIT my post doesn't display any of the paragraphs I've put in here... so I'll hit space a million times instead....

1.8K Posts

March 20th, 2014 18:00

Hi! There seems to be a misunderstanding with the information you saw on the website.

"You can only participate in the program if you recently purchased a new Alienware device and you are able to provide a proof of purchase. Please send a copy of the document with your device. Claims must be submitted latest 30 days after the purchase of the new Alienware product."

This means that in order for you to qualify for the program and request reimbursement for your old computer, you first need to buy the new one; that's what it means by Trade-in. So, let's say you order an Alienware X51 R2: within the first 30 days after you purchased it, you can make the request for the refund. You need to provide proof that you already ordered a new system when you submit the request. After the 30 days have passed, you can no longer make the claim.

Hope this clarifies your question.

No Events found!