Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 1st, 2015 09:00

Alienware 15 and Mad catz Saitek X52 Pro

Hi,

I don't know it other guys here have the Mad Catz/Saitek X52 Pro controller but I face an issue and I am wondering if other guys have the same issue as me and if a workaround could be found.

I run Windows 7 pro 64 on my alienware 15, latest drivers, latest bios.
For some reasons, the installation of the drivers of the X52 Pro fails, it seems to be related to a combination of the X52 / USB 3 / Driver / BIOS things.

There are some workarounds but some imply to change some settings in the bios which cannot be done an dell bios interface.

Have you guys see this kind of error if you have the same controller as me?

Is there a way to contact Dell about this Issue? I don't know if they could do something but at least let them known about the issue and see if they can do something...

Thanks

• 

2.7K Posts

June 2nd, 2015 10:00

What is the exact error you are getting? 

June 5th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

In fact there is no error message, the setup just freeze. There is a known issue with this controlleur and the kind of chipset my Alienware usb versus USB 3/ driver.

Saitek / Mad Catz support told me about a workaround to disable the xHCI Mode setting in the BIOS but, well, it's a Dell so there a no much settings that we can change there.

Romain

• 

2.7K Posts

June 5th, 2015 15:00

If that's the case, your best option is to send back the controller and try with a different one. There's also the option of getting an unlocked BIOS, however we do not support that officially.

June 8th, 2015 07:00

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, having an unlocked bios could be cool but I do not ask any favor :)

I have checked some information and see that setting to "Enable" the "Debug USB" option in the "Advanced" section of the BIOS have fixed my issue. So it's a workaround that works

The question is: what is exactly this "Debug USB" option? It seems to disable the USB3 function on the system but since it's a debug function, does it means that USB3 is not very well supported on the system?

Thanks

• 

2.7K Posts

June 9th, 2015 16:00

The Debug is an advance option for the USB ports but we normally don’t enable it since there is no need to, however I’m glad that work around helped you.                  

No Events found!