Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

6 Posts

July 11th, 2018 19:00

Aurora-R5, Alienware software

I had to download and re-install Windows 10 on my Aurora R5 but the image from Dell did not contain all the original Alienware software. Dell said I could download it from their site for my PC but all i saw was the Alienware Command Center. Where can I download all of the original Alienware software?

Thanks!

Talbo

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

July 12th, 2018 09:00

I think Alienware Command Center should be all you really need.

What else are you looking for exactly?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

July 13th, 2018 22:00

Hello,

As far as the Alienware software, the command center is really all you would need. You can also download the Support Assist tool from this link. If your Alienware is missing system device drivers, you can download those from the Dell support site. There is a drop down menu in the "category" section, so you can search for them there. For example, the video card drivers are located under the "video" category. 

23 Posts

July 14th, 2018 16:00

I think the original poster is referring to software that came on the computer, like windows office, McAfee etc...

July 14th, 2018 20:00

Probably more likely refering to the Alienware desktop themes and wallpapers.  As it seems Dell neglects to place these in their Alienware pc Windows builds images that you download from support.  And or when your PC makes it's first ever image backup using the create a image tool when first ran.  Or at least that was the case with mine.  Nothing but generic Windows 10 was created from the Dell Windows image tool.  This is the first name brand name PC I ever owned that didn't reinstall exactly as it was factory installed.  Something odd but has Alienwares always been that way or only after Dell aquired them?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

July 14th, 2018 21:00

@crash2000 wrote:

I think the original poster is referring to software that came on the computer, like windows office, McAfee etc...

Who knows.

If they need further help, maybe they will post a second time.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

July 14th, 2018 21:00

@GamerdudeForever wrote:

1. Probably more likely refering to the Alienware desktop themes and wallpapers.

2. As it seems Dell neglects to place these in their Alienware pc Windows builds images that you download from support.  

1. Possibly. The wallpapers are all-over the Internet. The Alienware theme(s) ... yeah, all they would need to do is post it for download (but they never have in 9 years now) , or nowdays, just list it in Microsoft's store ... .

2. Right. Those Images are very vanilla, but that's probably a good thing. Anyway, I just use the one from microsoft.com ... it's pristine and perfect.

No Events found!