Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

1 Message

October 18th, 2022 22:00

AW3423DW, fan is loud

I am suffering from AW3423DW fan sound. An AW3423DWF firmware is uploaded on AW3423DWF driver page.

AW3423DWF firmware fixes = Fixes loud fan noise after prolong use.

Why does Dell not upload a similar AW3423DW firmware? I want firmware to reduce fan rpm.

October 27th, 2022 00:00

Is it the same model but differentiated for different markets with the "f"? 

I returned my OLED precisely because the Fan noise was annoying me in my quiet room when the monitor wasn't even being strained. 

I am confident if I looked inside I would find a really cheap and loud fan/heatsink implementation... not only poor fan curve in software.

I reckon any buyer would pay a few $ extra to have a noctua fan or something instead of the garbage server fans companies like Asus have been found using in the past.

6 Professor

• 

6.2K Posts

October 27th, 2022 03:00

Different model, that is why there's no firmware for the other model.

The fan noise originates from the Gsync module used in the AW3423DW. 

1 Message

December 7th, 2022 22:00

The fan on the AW3423DW is really annoying, I'm severely regretting my purchase by now. a running fan by itself is annoying, but this one has no ramping up and down at all, In the beginning it "pulses" going full-blast for about 1 second, and turning off again, rinse and repeat...

6 Professor

• 

6.2K Posts

December 8th, 2022 10:00

I got the DWF version of this monitor, which also has a fan. However, mine cannot be heard and as a bonus the firmware is upgradable...

More or less have Nvidia to thank for the noise and the non upgradable firmware...

1 Message

January 11th, 2023 04:00

Please assist by limiting this annoying fan sound. Bought this premium monitor to experience fan pulses with loud noise. I was happy to see a thread but not as happy to see that there was no official response or fix for it.

You can do it! 

6 Professor

• 

6.2K Posts

January 11th, 2023 07:00

The DW does not have upgradable firmware. The DWF version has upgradable firmware.

July 12th, 2023 04:00

Is the problem solved for AW3423DW fan noise? Because I just bought it and I'm waiting for my order. I'm a bit concerned after reading the reviews of the noise

6 Professor

• 

6.2K Posts

July 12th, 2023 05:00

I don't know about that. It would depends on the revision, and if they made any changes to the fan profile or fan itself. 

You cannot adjust it from the menu.

No Events found!