Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

September 20th, 2020 10:00

XPS 15 9500, touchpad, buzzing, chassis, sleep

I've had my Dell XPS 15 9500 for about 3 months and performance wise, it has been great. But I have been noting down issues I've encountered and seen for these past 3 months. Below is a list of those issues:

• The first noticeable thing was the LED charging indicator below the touchpad. It was not placed directly in the center, leading to the left side of the indicator being dimmer and seeing a slight gap on the laptop on the right side.
  • The second was an obnoxious buzzing sound coming from the speakers when there is sound coming from the speakers. 
  • The third was the writing in pencil and a blue smudge on the bottom removable case from the inside. (This is more of an aesthetic issue)
  • The fourth was how the laptop no longer sits flat onto the base of the laptop, leaving a gap between the screen and the keyboard after about a month of use. (Another aesthetic issue which does not affect the performance of the laptop from what I have noticed so far)
  • And there has been a case where my laptop screen would go to sleep but my laptop would continue to run at 100%? Making the laptop incredibly hot and the fans staying idle. And I was not running any powerful software for the laptop to run this hot. This would continue until I press and hold down the power button to force the system to shut down.

These have been issues I have been dealing with since the day I received my laptop. Most of it relating to hardware issues and some due to questionable workmanship. Regardless of these issues, the laptop has performed very well and I have been taking very good care of it as well since the beginning. But hopefully I am able to reach someone I can discuss this with more and find a solution to most of these problems. And I will continue to post any further issues I will have in the future with my XPS 15. Thanks for the read

• 

25.1K Posts

September 20th, 2020 10:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work the issue. You may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

Update November 5, 2020 = A DELL-Cares agent setup a SR (Service Request) repair.

No Events found!